A look at the new warzone
Date: 5th of October
Time: 16:00 CEST / 10:00 EST
It's time to reset Factions. The last reset went horribly wrong due to performance issues which have cost us a lot of players. For that reason, we've decided to reset Factions earlier than planned. Because of this earlier reset, the FTOP rewards will be halved instead of the full amount.
This reset we will not focus on adding tons of new features but rather making sure the current features work as they should. We will still make some changes obviously but the core is to release the server as we wanted the last reset to go.
We've listed the changes below in the spoilers. You can also find the old changes in the spoiler since most of them apply to this reset.
- Weekly ftop rewards instead of one reward at the end of the map. First Sunday (7th of October) excluded.
- Number 1 receives 40 euro each Sunday
- Number 2 receives 25 euro each Sunday
- Number 3 receives 15 euro each Sunday
- Number 4 receives 10 euro each Sunday
- Number 5 receives 5 euro each Sunday
- Warzone and pvp bases areas around spawn. Each Faction can claim up to 4 chunks (2 bases). We don't want them to become vaults of course so each chunk only allows one chest to be placed. The banner of the monthly news post shows how it will look.
- New KOTH named: Empyrean
As you can see this KOTH is in the air! And don't worry everyone can use
fly in this KOTH. The fly rules do not apply for this area.
- The first Outpost will be released this reset. This was scheduled for the last reset but due to the issues, we decided to not release it.
- Extra for next reset, supply drops are replaced with envoys. There will be 4 tiers:
The spawn locations of these crates are much better and diverse, the envoys will be each 1,5 hours.
- Normal 68%
- Rare 20%
- Legendary 6% (Contains chunk busters, eggs, uncommon/rare keys and more)
- Titan 6% (Contains Titan gear)
- New Nether generation like the End (there are 12 total corners, 4 in the overworld, 4 in the nether, and 4 in the end)
- Water will work in the Nether
- Normal biomes (No more bedrock issues)
- Changed /voteshop to /rewardshop
- Tweaked kits and keys
- Changes to the economy to encourage activity
- Hourly, daily, and weekly missions (/missions)
- Personal upgrades (/pupgrade)
- Chunk Busters
- Sell Wands
- Spawners acting like sponge
- Anti-casing for spawners
- Faction permissions
- Faction upgrades
- TNT Bank for factions
- New TNT fill with a range of 32 Blocks.
- Warzone claims
- New cannon rules (Will be linked)
- More power, less power decay and more small Factions settings
- Anti-inside features enabled
- All changes presented by short1der via sneak-peaks
- Printer Support
We've started on preparing to upgrade Survival to 1.13. The server will not reset for this change. The idea is to add a secondary map which is generated in 1.13.
Allot of changes to plugins are needed to make this possible so this won't be as easy as upgrading a server from 1.11 to 1.12 sadly enough. It will take some time to make this possible.[/SPOILER]