Hi all. I thought I’d release one more big update on the road to Practice 2.0. I hope to start providing concrete updates about the status of v2 in the near future! In the meantime, we got this lovely update!
Another major Practice update!
Here begins the road to Practice 2.0!
- New and open spawn. Pretty sexy if I do say so myself. Courtesy of the build team.
- Elo system has been replaced with a new ranking system akin to CS:GO and Rocket League.
- Rank Categories: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Elite, and Master
- Rank Tiers range from 1 to 3.
- Old elos were mapped to the current ranks
- Bronze: 0-1000 elo
- Silver: 1000-1200 elo
- Gold 1200-1400 elo
- Diamond: 1400-1600 elo
- Elite: 1600-1800 elo
- Master: 1800+ elo
- Rank promotions are broadcasted to everyone! When you rank-up, everyone will know!
- You can view this type of information with /ranks in-game.
- With the new elo system, we also decided to add mechanisms to counter inactivity.
- If you go 14 days without playing, you will lose your rank. Play 1 qualifying match to regain your rank if you lose it, or play once every 14 days or less to maintain your rank.
- If you go 14 days or more without playing, you will be removed from the leaderboard until you regain your rank.
- We hope to discourage inactivity and thus make earning the euro rewards at the end of the reason easier (instead of people sitting on their elo without playing to maintain it).
- Improved elo return system
- If you encounter a hacker and lose elo to them, contact @Jatinsingh. He has the ability to remove elo from the hacker and return elo to you.
- Tweaked knockbacks
- We have tweaked vanilla and combo knockback. Please give us feedback regarding knockback, especially in combo mode!
- Tweaked anti-cheat
- This one is still a work-in-progress, but for this update, we enabled a few more checks to curb fly hackers and b-hoppers. Feedback appreciated!
- Added scoreboard courtesy of @Jatinsingh.
- You can toggle it with /settings.